Sunday Spins: Ixora By Copeland

July 10, 2016


Do you have a band that gives you intense feelings of nostalgia? That band for me is Copeland. I have been listening to them for 10 years, but if I had to narrow down the nostalgia, I would have to say that Copeland takes me back to 4 years ago the most. When I listen to this band I am filled with intense feelings of melancholy. Ixora is their latest album, after years of hiatus, but they most certainly came back with a bang. This album hits me right in the feels. I remember the first time I listened to it, I actually cried, but it was amazing. A band that does that to you is one worth cherishing. My top track picks would have to be 'Have I Always Loved You?' and 'I Can Make You Feel Young Again'...


This past week was pretty lax. I did work a very long day on the 4th of July, but I can't complain. The fireworks were right outside of the restaurant and my last table of the night tipped me $50 on a $75 check! I love kind hearts like they have, it completely made my holiday.

My days off were spent cleaning, rearranging, and watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy reruns. (I absolutely LOVE that show.) And I did also end up going to a going away party for my cousin. He got an internship at a record label in Phoenix and I'm beyond happy for him.

Last night we decided to go hunting for Pokemon. I was extremely excited to catch a Wigglytuff! I actually squeeled. Haha. Have you downloaded the new app, Pokemon Go? I highly recommend doing so! It's so much fun and takes me right back to being a kid again.

I hope you all had a productive and wonderful week as well.

xo

Kasee

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This band sounds great! I will check them out and I love your vintage record player
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. What a blast from the past. Copeland is from my hometown and I've seen them many times in the little record stores that used to fill up this small town of mine.


    My friennd Megan just started playing PokemonGo too. And Alex & I just DLed it so I'm interested in to how this pans out. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like on Facebook

Followers